Frequently Asked QuestionsHow does the custom order process work?
After I have receive your order, I will send you an estimate on your order for you to confirm before I begin. When the order is complete, I will email you the suggested value plus shipping and/or tax (if in-state), and you are welcome to pay according to your satisfaction and ability. I will give you details on payment once your order has shipped.
- Cash (in person)
- Check or money order by mail
- Online through PayPal with an added 2.99% fee (debit cards/credit cards accepted). Payment through PayPal without an account as a guest is an option if using credit/debit card.
Mugs are approximately $15 each; an 11” plate approximately $40 depending on amount of text. Once you receive your order, you are welcome to pay based on your satisfaction and ability. Sales tax will be charged on orders shipped in Virginia.
Orders are shipped in the United States via USPS Priority mail. I will not know the exact shipping cost until I send it. Once it is shipped, I will email you with a pottery total plus shipping price. You are welcome to pick up in person also!
Mug or bowl: up to 50 characters; 11” Plate: up to 400 characters
Please see ready-made pieces in the Sold Pottery albums to view typical size and layout of text. Text shows up best on the brown two-toned glaze. On the solid glazes, text is not as noticeable.
Yes, the pieces are dishwasher and oven safe, and microwavable. Not for stovetop use.
Volume varies based on height and opening diameter, as well as shape. If you have a certain style you prefer, please draw an outline or attach a picture on the order form. To give you some idea, here are liquid measurements 1/2″ from brim.
- Height 3 3/4″ x diameter 2 5/8″ (narrow shape) = 1 cup
- Height 3″ x diameter 2 3/4″ = 1 cup (rounder shape)
- Height 3 1/2″ x diameter 2 3/4″ = 1 1/4 cup
- Height 3 1/2″ x diameter 3 1/4″ = 1 1/2 cups
- Height 3 3/4″ x 3 5/8″ = 2 cups
Please allow 3-6 weeks.